The International Surgical Training Programme (ISTP) provides International Medical Graduates (IMGs) with an opportunity to develop their surgical skills and knowledge, as well as access higher specialist training and guidance within an NHS setting.
A key principle underpinning the programme is the idea that this training and experience enables IMGs to return to their home countries after two years with improved skills and standards that will have a positive impact on their patients, colleagues and health systems.
Applications are invited that support projects and/or research which addresses one or more of the following:
- The transfer or introduction of a surgical method or technique from a UK NHS setting to a non-UK healthcare setting, and the impact of this.
- The introduction of a management or leadership practice or strategy to a non-UK healthcare setting, and the impact of this.
- Comparative analysis or research.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Current ISTP trainees or ISTP fellows can apply.
ISTP Trainees (current) must:
- have completed at least 12 months of their ISTP training
- be in good standing with the ISTP (i.e. have completed and returned their feedback forms, registered and regularly updated their ISCP and paid their ISTP fees)
- have their application signed off/ supported by their current Supervising Consultant.
ISTP Fellows must:
- have returned and are practicing in their home countries
- have their application signed off/ supported by the Consultant who supervised their ISTP training, and their current institution
Grants will be awarded up to GBP 2,500.
Grants will be paid by bank transfer in GB pounds sterling in two instalments; 75% prior to commencement of the project and the balance upon completion and submission of a written report.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications are now closed. Winners will be contacted directly via email.
Timetable for application round 2021 will be announced in due course.
HAVE A QUESTION?
For all queries, please contact the RCS global office on email@example.com